Covid -19 Protocols
2021 Idaho Senior Games COVID-19 Protocols and Guidelines
The Idaho Senior Games are continually monitoring the Covid-19 situation locally and staying up to date with state and federal recommendations for holding events.
With that in mind, the protocols and guidelines below are to be followed for all 2021 Idaho Senior Games events. It is expected that all participants, volunteers, spectators, and officials abide by them in order to have safe and successful events.
We strongly encourage that everyone who is able to do so get vaccinated, as safety protocols alone may not be sufficient.
Closer to the Games we will email participants if any additional safety protocols are needed in their particular event(s). In addition, a designated staff member will be responsible for responding to Covid-19 concerns.
At Every ISG Event
- State guidelines on crowd size limits will be adhered to.
- Participants must wear face coverings when not competing. Extra masks for participants will be available
- Spectators and officials will wear face coverings at all times. You must provide your own masks.
- Signage will remind those in attendance that social distancing of at least 6’ is expected.
- Also included in signage is a reminder to attendees to avoid physical greetings such as handshakes, and hugs.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at all events.
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected according to our schedule for increased routine cleaning.
- The Games will not provide food or refreshments, though water will be available for the Athletes. You must provide your own snacks or refreshments.
- Where warranted, the number of portable toilets will be increased as will the distance between them.
Prior to Each Event
Everyone planning to attend is asked to review the following pre-screening questions. If the answer to either question is “yes,” we ask that you stay at home.
- Have you experienced the symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days, i.e., sore throat, chills, body aches, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, fever of 100° or above?
- Have you or anyone in your household been exposed to someone exhibiting the symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 2 weeks?
- Should the need to cancel an event occur, an email will be sent to all registered participants for the cancelled event.
- If the Games, or any event, must be cancelled due to Covid 19, your sport registration fee will be refunded, less a $10 processing fee.
Despite the need for these protocols and guidelines, we expect to be able to present competitions that are healthy and fun for all. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to seeing you at the Games!